Kariuki News

Where you can catch up with our life and ministry and get info on how to plug in through prayers and partnership

Tuesday, May 19, 1998

African Missionary in Europe!

Dear Friends,

Bwana Asifiwe! (Swahili for Praise God)

The School of Biblical Studies Core Course (SBSCC) has just ended. My reward has been a group of people from around the world in love with God and His word. Though the time was intensive, the students left with a feeling of ‘it was well worthwhile’. Investing time in study of the Bible will always leave one with a better understanding of the character and nature of God. Our walk of faith becomes richer when we understand more of Gods Master Plan as revealed in His word. The more I study this the more I am in awe as I consider Gods power, and riches, and wisdom, and might and honor, and glory, and blessing. More than ever before; I am persuaded that God has a solution for all man-kind in the message of the Bible.

Growth Time

James 1:2-4 Consider it Joy when you go through trials ... it produces patience (Growth my paraphrase).

Europe is challenging to me in several ways. Financially this has been an exciting time of faith and trust in God because it takes God to be here. Medical Insurance, visa cum permit and just the cost of living makes me sing halleluia when I see how far God has brought me. Culturally this has been a superb experience in helping me find out innovative ways of orienting upcoming African missionaries. Though I felt stretched to the maximum at times, this has been a great learning experience. Learning to rest in my identity in Christ when misunderstood because of my accent was an interesting lesson. God willing if time allows I will work on my French to expand my communication range.

What’s Next!

Preparations for pioneering the SBSCC in East Africa next year is underway. Meanwhile a twelve week course in Communications and the Biblical View of Man is on the Ball. The base council Has granted me a partial scholarship. I only have to trust God to raise a bit more money and I can return to Africa debt free.

I need Gods wisdom on whether September-December is the right timing for me to attend the field based Leadership Training School LTS in South Africa. I have been accepted to attend at a subsidized rate. This is offered on a different continent biannually. All Mission leaders and upcoming ones in YWAM Africa will congregate there. It would be an ideal place for continental links but again is it what God wants?

Vision

Moses Kariuki

YWAM Lausanne

1000 Lausanne 25, SWISS

Email: mosesnk@ttree.com

Banking Details: M.N.Kariuki, Banque Cantonale Vaudoise, Chemin des Croisettes 12, 1066 Epalinges Account No: 0938.60.54 SWIFT: BCVLCH2L Clearing: 767 (CCP 10-725-4)

African renaissance is a vague dream with revolutions springing out constantly without bringing any long term solutions. We need a Jesus reformation that will target every area of the Continents’ communities. My prayer is that I will be part of this reformation. Africa can offer the world much more if Satan’s destructive ploys are frustrated at the roots. Only Gods word the Bible can distinctively point out right and wrong teaching His people the right way. We need a setting up of moral and justice boundaries. The fear of the Lord needs to be taught. The next generation needs a better heritage if they are to fully realize Gods destiny and their role among the nations. If God did it for Switzerland, He can do it for African Nations.

Prayer Needs

# That my partners in missions will have a special blessing from God.

# Please pray that this CBVM time will be fruitful equipping time.

# That my Unreached people groups research paper will be inspiring.

# That my financial situation will improve so that I can clear my Staff fees debt and clear my school fees.

Shukrani! (Swahili for Thankyou)

Being in Mission would not be possible without friends like you. Your Prayer, moral and financial support is much appreciated.

Because of Him, Moses Kariuki.

No comments:

Post a Comment